Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Anatole: Ice mechbeast Level III woes

I'm a little phazed by this quest.

This boss has two skills that I am aware of: release potential and angry snow.  The former is sort of a charge up ability, tripling the damage of the next attack.  Angry snow is a barrage of attacks.  With 50% water reduction on, a normal attack backed up with release potential does about 15000 damage.  Angry snow I *think* does 7500 damage each attack, for 3 attacks.

This issue here is that the boss can use release potential and then angry snow, making what is most likely a very lethal attack, unless your setup can achieve well over 22000 health.  The best I can get is around 19000 health, so I have to look to another setup.

Normally I would go with auto-healing and water reduction leader skills, but this time I may have to go with water reduction and death prevention with 40% life.  Hopefully that can work out.

UPDATE: No it didn't work out. 16K HP with Antana was not enough to withstand Angry Snow with Release Potential combo'd.  This probably also means each attack hits for more than 8000.  It can happen anytime the boss is under 50% HP.

UPDATE 2:  One attempt at Level 2.  The difference in difficulty is astounding.  Also, I learned how to take screenshots of my iPhone.


Yeah.

BTW that bronze box is a Jotunn.

No comments:

Post a Comment