Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Quest 26-1: The start of the troll series of adventures

The quest series after set 25 was the original reason I started considering making a blog for Jewel Dragon: to record data for reference when planning out what I would need.  These quests are a massive jump in difficulty (more so than going from Level II to III in limited time quests).

I did this quest a while ago, but never got around to writing about it.  Since for now, for some odd reason the limited quests available to the US is only the Ice Mechbeast and the Thursday daily, I found time to look at it again.


Stages 1-5: Fire enemies of various assortments, doing considerable damage per attack.  Cooldowns vary from 2-4 rounds.  Their health is so-so.

Stage 6: Troll round 1.  3 Otso+.   After slogging through a bunch of fire enemies, JD throws in 3 lightning foes.  Each hits for over 5000 too.  3 round cooldown.

Stage 7: Troll round 2.  The lone Erinyes has 11000 defense and a 3 turn cooldown.  Damage is 11500 base.  I won by simply outlasting it, using ganon skills to do damage, along with a powerful healing ally and basic heart management.



The issue here was that I did this quest before the 7 star card nerf.  So if I had to do this again, I'm not entirely sure what I would use.  IIRC, I had:
Priestess++ as leader (50% fire reduction is nice)
Hakutaku+ (pre-nerf, he gave over 6000HP)
Erinyes++ (need that medusa eyes for Stage 6)
Forgot my other two, but probably cards that gave burst damage, like Baal+ pre-nerf.
Ciguapa+ ally (this particular one gave me 2500HP a round)
I remember my setup giving me around 17000+ HP, which of course is not possible now.

No comments:

Post a Comment