Tuesday, August 13, 2013

God's Mercy - A Flash in the Pan - Ciguapa is a QT

So we hit off the daily quest series with this little gem.  Originally a 3 quest series similar to the 6/7 star attack cards, now it's just a single quest, that's pretty tough.  Supposedly a guaranteed boss drop, and it's only 15 energy for an attempt (and only 5 stages!), so it was worth the attempt.

Some pics of the quest:


 Just some pics of stage 1, 4, and 5 respectively.  You can also see the team I used.


Quest complete and spoils.  I finally got my hands on the super auto-healer.  Seems like a pain to level.  Plus I think she's cuter in her unevolved form :3

My team setup:
Saintess++ leader: 50% holy reduction helps in every round except round 2.  Holy Gannon is good burst damage.
Jotunn++: For hearts.  I needed lots of them in the boss battle.
Baal: Mainly for damage.  Though I think Night Witch Catherine would have been the superior choice; both of their skills have a similar cooldown, but Catherine's is way more uesful in this quest.
Banshee++: For pestilence.  Need to chip away at the boss's health as well as the enemies in stage 4.
Erinyes++: For medusa eyes.  All but required for the boss, and quite useful in stage 2.
Crystal Maiden Antana ally: both medusa eyes II and undead soldier.  The former is incredibly useful in a pinch (a stronger freeze time), and the latter is practically required (40% HP life save).

This team has around 10000+ HP and over 2000+ RCR. I think any HP over 9000 would suffice, and having as much RCR as possible is very helpful.

Another possible setup is double 50% reduction (which totals to 75% holy reduction) if you are willing to sacrifice the undead soldier skill. IMO that's too risky, but it's possible.  I saw pics of a CN player will 4 cursed attack cards, encantado, and erinyes -_-


My breakdown of the stages:

Stage 1: Three Ljuosafar with decent HP and defense.  I did get a little lucky with my diamond setup, as I was not able to kill one until they attacked twice (they do enough damage to kill, but I was saved by Antana both times).  I would strongly suggest killing two of them ASAP and then slowly working on the last one to get your medusa eyes skills ready for stage 2.

Stage 2: Three dark lions.  Two of them have a cooldown of 1, and the other is 2.  Each hit for 4000.  Since I did not have any dark damage reduction, this part was tricky.  Need to be very good at combos (especially getting water/light ones for extra damage per turn).  Kill off the ones with 1 cooldown first before working on the last one.

Stage 3: Three Atshens.  I dunno how hard they hit, but they had good defense, and I responded by using Holy Gannon and wiped them out instantly.

Stage 4: Two light queens.  With my 50% holy damage reduction they still hit for 7290 each.  However they do have a 3 turn cooldown, which gives you plenty of time to reach your 40% HP threshold.  They have quite a bit of HP, so I didn't shy away from busting out pestilence.  Eventually, after focusing one down the other isn't much of a problem.

Stage 5: Ciguapa.  Attacks for 9257 every round (remember my 50% reduction).  With only around 10600 HP total, that's nearly all my HP each round.  Kind of like when I fought Catherine.  This is why I should have brought in my own Catherine instead of Baal.  She has high defense (over 5000 I believe), and tons of HP to grind through.  Basically, I need to make 4x chains almost every round to have enough healing to survive.  If I ever max'd out my HP, I could get away with a 3x chain after taking a hit. 


Stage 1 will be a shocker to anyone who thinks this lone quest doesn't seem tough and come in unprepared, and will get progressively worse.  If you do come prepared, you'll probably find stages 1, 2, and 5 to be toughies.

No comments:

Post a Comment