Sunday, November 24, 2013

Anatole - Ice Mechbeast revisited

A long time ago I tried fighting this thing.  JD was a different beast back then - 7 star ATK cards gave crazy amounts of HP, and we didn't have all the cards we could access today.  After cleaning up the Archlight quest series, I decided to revisit this questline.  Starting with the lower tech level.

I went in with a defensive setup - Pastor Carl as leader, Thunder Naga as ally.  Both have excellent skills for leading: dual 50% water damage reduction, heart changing, and pestilence.  I also took in my standard Erinyes, Catherine, Mobel, and then Tainos - that ancient thunder dragon.  With no way to boost my attack, each stage took a bit of time.  Stage 5 has that lone ATK enemy that didn't hit too hard, but had a lot of health.  Stage 9 has a pair of water banshee (the 2-star variety, not the ocean banshee type) that can heal 50% of their health when they drop below 50% HP.  Annoying to say the least.

As for Anatole itself, it's got the release potential skill whch is a focus skill on steriods.  It triples the damage of its next attack.  Back when I first tried this, it also had angry snow as an ability when it dipped below 50% HP.  I forgot if it could heal as well.  But in my lone attempt, it never used those two skills.  Between having dual water damage reduction AND Mobel's shield skill, the damage it could do was not too much of a concern until sub 50% percent, but maybe I just got lucky.

Now for top level.  Pics below.


Little scary with only Carl for water defense, but the extra damage from Thore helped tremendously.  Bela has an attack that does double damage, but that's it.  Her normal attack isn't much to worry about with my setup.  Anatole still only used release potential, which seemed to also do about double damage from a normal attack (the damage showed in its pic shows how much damage it does, but I have shield up).

So for now, all of my quests are complete...so I just gotta wait for the festival.


No comments:

Post a Comment