Friday, November 29, 2013

Blade of Heaven - Silver Wolf (Sigurd Revisited)

This is the first quest where I planned to spend multiple gems just to pass.

My current team setup:
Leader: Nature Mobel (doubles HP of all god/dragons, shield skill can chain with Medusa Eyes)
Ally: Loki or Njord (x4 or x3 attack power if I can make proper combos)
Night With Catherine (dark damage, toxic attack, may save it only for Sigurd since its CD30)
Pastor Carl (mostly for pestilence on CD18 and overall good stats)
Tainos (overall good stats and active skill on CD9)
Erinyes++ (Medusa Eyes has to be used all the time in stages 4 and 5, CD6)

All enemies can have around 1000-2000 defense, except in stage 2 and 5. Here is the breakdown AFAIK:

Stage 1:Wolf pup, Octoman, Lightning snake.  All have CD2, can do a double attack.  Dunno how hard they can hit, but it can be somewhat hard.  I'm hoping I can kill one in 2 turns.

Stage 2: Holy Mask, Dark Mask, Shadow Bolla.  The shadow bolla is probably just like the one from the wednesday weekly quest - 4000 damage, CD1, 15-20HP?  The masks probably act like other bollas - 9999 damage every set amount of turns, CD6.  I might be able to stall in this stage.

Stage 3: Three random enemies with CD1.  Not terribly strong ATK or HP wise, but it is CD1.  Not sure what to make of this stage.

Stage 4: Two random 3-star ATK cards.  Each have around 800K health, CD2?, can hit for about 9000.  This stage will be trouble for sure.  I'll probably start burning all skills ASAP except maybe toxic attack.

Stage 5: Sigurd.  CD1.  Complete breakdown of this girl:
Normal Attack: 18000 damage.
Angry Wind: Series of attacks for a total of over 46000 damage!
Release Energy: One super-powerful attack for about 36000 damage(?)
Fall Apart: Turns every diamond into stone
Soul Seal: Disables random cards for 3 turns
Defense: A little over 5000

Pics of stage 2 and 4.  Need to take out that bolla ASAP - it can seal cards as you can see.  I was very fortunate that the seal would be gone right before the others attacked.  Stage 4 is a little scary too since they can do double damage whenever they feel like.  However, a CD2 gave me some breathing room to prep skills.  I also made a wise decision to burn all skills except Toxic Attack in stage 4 - I needed to bring down one of them quickly, but their HP isn't tremendously high (it would have done about 250K damage, and I was able to kill one during a second Medusa's Eyes).


That 23K attack is her angry wind with my shield up.  I don't even know the real damage her Release Energy skill does, since she used it only when my shield was down and one-shot me at full health.  Toxic Attack immediately at the start did a little over 1.15M damage.  The right pic is the result of "Fall Apart" - just a free turn to charge up skills.


I spent 5 gems, all on the boss fight itself.  Without my skilled Erinyes, it probably would have been a LOT more.  Even if her skill was 7 or even 8, it would probably double the amount of gems I would have had to spend.  That's how powerful that card is.  I never do golden summons save that one compensation period, so I can imagine teams with a skilled up Thunder Queen can really tackle the highest level encounters (that card can get the shield skill to FIVE CD, which is insane).

I can finally join the ranks of the master double Sigurd master race.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, i have 20 gems so spend in this quest and i'd like to know if a dual Anna team can beat Sigurd.
    My team is : Anna, Erineyes++ CD12, Jotunn++ CD5, Targaryen+ lvl 82, Baal+ lvl99, Anna ally lvl99.
    I also have Night Witch Catherine and Banshee++, do you think i must put in team ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think with this setup you'd run into issues at stage 4. The HP pool will evaporate rather quickly since both enemies there hit hard. Sigurd herself can be a total beast too. AFAIK I would try to raise Erinyes's skill level by farming Lahair or Berkes quest when they appear. Each skill up with her will save a gem at least. Attacks from anything but Anna may just end up doing 1 damage.

      These days, Sigurd is pretty useful for farming older content, but newer quests seem to completely neuter her. Any quest that has an enemy with first strike invalidates Sigurd immediately.

      Delete