Friday, September 6, 2013

Catherine - dark QT (UPDATE 11/27/13)

I did this quest a while ago, but I'll copy and paste what I wrote on the Gamespot forums in case anyone is preparing for it:

"I think I just got incredibly lucky with my setup.  Some of the stages may use random enemies.  My first stage had Atshen and Atshen+ (the thread on CN had Yasha+ and Kali).  Stage 3 and 5 have four enemies that attack every turn for 16k total I believe.  For each stage, I just happen to have either Grauda or Hakutaku ready (they are around level 50+) to smack them, leaving them with just enough HP so that a simple combo could kill off a couple of them.

Every enemy has decent defense except Catherine (a little less defensive, but her HP is nuts) and Carl (who has insane defense but low HP compared to the other duelists).  This really is a quest where you just gotta know beforehand what to bring.  As long as you have a good healer, Banshee++ (or anything else with pestilence or the like), and Encantado stages 6-9 aren't too tough.  For stage 6 and 7 I did have to make a heart combo one between attacks (Senas and Izzard), and for stage 8-9 I could just goof off (Carl and Quinn).

Catherine is a total beast though.  12354 damage every single turn.  Given I had around 16000HP or so, I needed around 6500 HP for Encantado to save me.  My Jotunn++ is around level 45; giving me only around 1500HP per round.  Every turn I needed to make a 4-chain combo, one of them needing to be a heart chain.  Imagine doing that about 80+ turns.  To ease the pain, skills gave me some buffer.  Even with her defense not up to par as the others, my pestilence damage ticked for like 50000.  Extreme amounts of planning at each turn and timely usage of Heart Change and Medusa Eyes is what saved me countless times. Unless you somehow got to this part using a low HP team, Yasha as leader would probably be too much - it would have to be Encantado/Cacus/Lava Tauren/Antana.

In the end, all I got was one card - Catherine.  Good lord.  It took me TWO HOURS to do this quest.  Mainly because half of the quest was me using Banshee++ to kill them all.  That's about 500 turns.  If you are/were lucky enough to have a golem/lenanshe/quinn/etc with that coveted poison/toxic attack it would save a lot of turns."

...

It's a little dated since this is before the nerf to the 7 star attack cards (which may have been dragon cards before).  I do remember that stages 1-5 featured normal enemies, though stages 3 and 5 featured enemies with CD1 that needed to be burned down ASAP.  Still, I would use stages 1, 2, and 4 to get your attack skills ready for stages 3 and 5.  Once you get to stages 6 it's all single enemies that can pretty much 1-shot you if you don't have the soldier's will or undead soldier skill.

IIRC I had Jotunn++ as leader and Encantado as my ally.  Like I stated above, Antana would have been better than Encantado.  High RCR and only around 10000HP would have been ideal against Catherine herself.  I think Lava Tauren has the 70% life save instead of 40%, making him not as useful. As usual, Erinyes has her spot, and you'll either need something to break defense or pestilence (I chose the latter route since I didn't know exact defense values for Carl).

Update: Some on the stages...

Stage 1: 2 random enemies.  They could hit for ither 5000+ or 10000+ each. CD of 2 or 3.
Stage 2: 3 random enemies with varying damage as well, anywhere from 3000-6000.  CD of 1-3.
Stage 3: 4 random enemies with CD1.  3600 damage each?
Stage 4: Similar to stage 2
Stage 5: Similar to stage 3.
Stage 6: Senas, CD3, hits for 11000+
Stage 7: Izzard, CD3, hits for 10100
Stage 8: Carl, CD5, ????? (very high) damage, VERY HIGH DEFENSE
Stage 9: Quinn, CD5, ????? (very high) damage
Stage 10: Catherine, CD1, 12324? damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment