Sunday, September 8, 2013

Quest 26-5 Origins of annoyance

The end of the fire-themed hard quest line.  As the ultimate fire quest, it's got troll like qualities from all parts troll.  The pic shows the breakdown of the stages, and I'll go over some specifics of the latter 2/3 of it.  You will either need armor breakers, toxic attacks, or poison attacks.


Stages 1-4 feature enemies just like before, with the same stats and all.
Stage 5 is where it gets trolly.  The Myrmcoleon's insane defense is inherited by the Hestia, just like how Scott shares his defense with the enemies he accompanies in the Path of Fire quest series.
Stage 6 has three masks that should be treated like bollas.
Stage 7 has tree lions that hit for 2488 each.  Note they have a CD1.  They're not your average farmable lions :P
Stage 8 is the lightning troll level - 2 thunder dragons.  Each hit for 13584, but have CD5.  They have a fair amount of health.
Stage 9 has 2 chimera that are just like the chimera from 26-4.  Each hits for 10000, CD2.
Stage 10 has our priestess+. CD2, hits for 15876.  High defense (around 5200), like the Erinyes from 26-1.


How did I complete this?  By having my Rozen Maide Alice as a leader, and another Rozen Maide Alice as an ally.  Reducing all damage in this quest by 75% effectively quadruples my health (and my effective healing).  Plus each of them can generate hearts when I'm low on them.

The rest of my team:
Erinyes (always a staple; extra turns always helps when I need them)
Catherine (cuts down time in some stages, particularly 5, 8, 9, and 10)
Carl (I usually go with pestilence over defensive ruin since he also has very good stats, and is water)
Mobel (shield is very useful in a pinch, and has very good stats)
These 4 may become my go-to followers for all of these quest series.  They all fill a role nicely.

Got my gem, and am never doing this quest series ever again unless it gets nerfed :P

No comments:

Post a Comment